- Amazing grip
- Surprisingly comfortable for people with wide feet despite the precision fit
- Foot is well protected
- Need to see how the stickygrip soles wear once the miles start wracking up
I’m going to be honest and say I was apprehensive about trying these shoes. I have very wide feet and these are inov-8’s most precise fitting shoe, coming in at a 1 on their fit scale meaning they are the narrowest shoe they make.
Normally I wouldn’t have even thought about trying them due to the width but inov-8’s marketing campaign around the new stickygrip compound got the better of me and I ordered a pair, half expecting to be sending them straight back. I read Ben Mounsey’s review where he talks of wearing them around the house for a while to bed them in, so I did that.
They were pretty snug but after a good 10 – 15 hours of wear they started to give so I thought I would try them. I could feel the stickygrip sole sticking to hard surfaces in the house.
Where I have tested these shoes
These shoes have been tested in some of the toughest conditions from steep rocky climbs and descents in the Lake District to boggy runs in West Yorkshire. They’ve even seen some road miles!
- Three Peak Fell Race recce on 3 occassions
- Heptonstall Fell Race – 15miles, 3000ft of ascent
- Coledale Horseshoe Fell Race – 8 miles, 3000ft of ascent