I’ve been searching for the perfect running food to fuel my 100-mile races for a few years now and I think these and a combination of millet and lentil loaf come very close combining a product that is easily portable yet carrying a good balance of carbs and protein to keep you fueled.
Made with oats rather than flour they give a long lasting energy boost combined with a quick sugar hit from the blueberries and jam.
- 300g rolled oats
- 50g peanut butter
- 50g blueberries
- 25g protein powder
- 100ml oat milk
- Put the oats in a blender and blitz until
- Mix the peanut butter and protein powder with the oats
- Add milk and mix well until you get a smooth batter
- Heat oil in a frying pan and put a spoonful of batter per pancake
- press some blueberries into the top of each pancake
- When the pancake starts to bubble flip it over and cook the other side
- Once the pancake is golden on each side take them out of the pan and leave to cool
- Spread extra peanut butter and jam on one side and wrap in clingfilm